Please show up 15 minutes prior to class starting. No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the classroom. No guns allowed in the classroom. Firearms should remain secured in your vehicle until the range portion of instruction. Classes may be rescheduled due to inclement weather; in which case we will contact you regarding new dates. If you are age 18-20, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the class.
- Safety is the utmost priority. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a safe manner.
- All students are expected to treat their peers and the class instructors with respect and consideration.
- Participation is strongly encouraged in classroom activities and exercises.
- Everyone is encouraged to have fun!
The four rules of firearms safety are to be observed and practiced throughout the course.
- Treat all guns as though they are loaded and always perform a clearance check every time you pick one up.
- Never point your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep you finger off the trigger until you are on target and have made the decision to shoot.
- Always be sure of your target and beyond.
Safety is the highest priority in a firearms class. Disregard of the universal safety rules may result in dismissal from class without a refund.
Use of Drugs and Alcohol with Firearms
Attendees suspected of being under the influence of any substance (legal, illegal, or prescription) that may impair normal mental or physical bodily functions will be dismissed from class without a refund.
Individuals who are prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms may not attend any course taught by Reactive Arms.
Per the ATF website (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/identify-prohibited-persons):
The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person:
- convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
- who is a fugitive from justice;
- who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802);
- who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
- who is an illegal alien;
- who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
- who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
- who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or?
- who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
The GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 992(n) also makes it unlawful for any person under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship, transport, or receive firearms or ammunition.
Further, the GCA at 18 U.S.C. § 922(d) makes it unlawful to sell or otherwise dispose of firearms or ammunition to any person who is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition.
If you are unsure if you are a prohibited person, please contact email@example.com prior to registering for class. Users of recreational or medical marijuana are considered prohibited persons under federal law per section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act, codified at 21 U.S.C. § 802.
By taking the class, you authorize Reactive Arms to publish photographs taken of you during the class for use in print, online and video-based marketing materials, as well as other Reactive Arms publications. You are agreeing to hold Reactive Arms harmless from any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with the images specified above. No compensation will be provided, and photos confer no rights of ownership or royalties to the attendee whatsoever. You are releasing Reactive Arms, its contractors, its employees, and any third parties involved in the creation or publication of marketing materials, from liability for any claims by you or any third party in connection with your participation.
Due to fixed costs associated with hosting a class (e.g. facilities rentals, ammunition, refreshments) class deposits are non-refundable. Reactive Arms may, where special circumstances apply, allow the student to apply the deposit toward a future class.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 10/12/2019